Quantum physics science philosophy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pentaquarks may have been discovered by Cern

2 posters

Go down

Pentaquarks may have been discovered by Cern Empty Pentaquarks may have been discovered by Cern

Post by Mayflow Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:20 am

http://home.web.cern.ch/about/updates/2015/07/discovery-new-class-particles-lhc

Pentaquarks may have been discovered by Cern Pentaquarks
Mayflow
Mayflow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Pentaquarks may have been discovered by Cern Empty Re: Pentaquarks may have been discovered by Cern

Post by emoallen3433 Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:29 pm

This is very interesting. Being a particle physicist, i understand a lot about how these would work, though they would be very unstable, and thus very short lived. this would make them hard to detect(not saying they didnt find them).
emoallen3433
emoallen3433

Back to top Go down

Pentaquarks may have been discovered by Cern Empty Re: Pentaquarks may have been discovered by Cern

Post by Mayflow Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:43 am

Yes, I believe many subatomic particles exist in possibilities and come into and go out of what many call existence in something like microseconds. This is not really any different to me than the atomic and molecular levels, just smaller and faster.

For me, I don't look at existence as something aloof from possiblities, as I think of possibilites as existing too. This brings up a notion in me for a new topic on something of the order of isness and potentialness.
Mayflow
Mayflow
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by emoallen3433 Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:48 pm

Pentaquark particles are Baryons( a subclass of Hadrons[which are quark composed particles]). Each quark has a Baryon Number of 1/3. Each Anti-Quark has a Baryon Number of -1/3. A Pentaquark particle would have 4 Quarks and 1 Anti-Quark. Either that, or it would be a Meson bonded to a Baryon, kinda like protons and neutrons are bonded.
emoallen3433
emoallen3433

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum